Jason Franklin has been teaching ACT Prep sessions since 1995. No teacher in the country spends more time preparing students for the ACT. He is the most popular ACT Prep instructor in the country as he teaches ACT Prep classes year round. He has worked with over 8,000 students from over 150 different high schools. The average improvement is approximately 4 points – no instructor can match that.
Over the years he has helped many students overcome test anxiety.
He was a public school teacher for ten years. During his tenure, he received the ICTM Recognition Award for outstanding teaching in the classroom as well as being nominated by students for the Who’s Who Among American Teachers and the National Honor Roll for Outstanding American Teachers.
He is a National Board Certified Teacher – less than one percent of the teachers in the country have earned this prestigious certification.
He spent four years working on a team that designed standardized tests and curriculum timelines for high school math courses.
He knows how to motivate young people to perform better, especially on tests.
During his last year of teaching in the public schools he received the Eugene Mellon Teacher of the Year Award and the National Claes Nobel Educator of Distinction Award from the National Society of High School Scholars.
Well-known as a highly motivating high school math teacher, his unique classroom approach received a lot of public attention. His special motivational style and how it was incorporated into his classroom curriculum appeared on numerous local television news features as well as newspaper articles.
The following are just a few of the published articles.
- Students in math classes get down to business
- Students show they have strength in numbers
- Centennial students learn concepts with business project
- ‘We’re trying to make a difference’
- Four instructors pass tests to gain national prestige
- Education Earlier start to school year in Champaign on board’s agenda
- Making the grade
- Family with foot speed
Throughout the years, he has taught ACT Prep Classes in the following locations:
- University of Illinois in Springfield
- Millikin University in Decatur
- Illinois Wesleyan University in Bloomington
- Eastern Illinois University in Charleston
- Olivet Nazarene University in Bourbonnais
- Lewis University in Romeoville
- Wheaton College in Wheaton
- Champaign Centennial High School
- Peoria Christian High School
- Danville High School
- Urbana High School
- Danville Area Community College
- Parkland College in Champaign
- Arcola High School
- Warrensburg – Latham High School
- Le Roy High School
- Blue Ridge High School
- Tri – Valley High School
Jason has been happily married since 1998. Jason and his wife home-school their five children. Due to his family growing over the years and his family needing him to be more involved with home schooling every year, he now only teaches live classes in the following locations:
- Peoria held at Peoria Christian High School
- Bloomington held at Illinois Wesleyan University
- Champaign held at Judah Christian High School
- Decatur held at Millikin University
- Springfield held at the University of Illinois – Springfield
Recently he developed an ACT Prep Online Training Program for those that live out of state, those who live too far from his live classes, or for those who are involved in activities like sports and can not make his live class schedule work. More information about the ACT Prep Online Training Program can be found at bettertestscoresonline.com.